Melbourne House Check conduct pre purchase house inspections Melbourne wide. We are experienced registered builders and pest inspectors who are qualified to thoroughly assess the condition of houses.
There are so many styles of houses and so many different construction methods that it makes it extremely difficult for a novice house buyer to identify the primary structural elements of a house, not to mention identification of defects. This is where a building inspection can help you make your decision a confident one.
Building Inspectors have an understanding of all the components that make up a building and are trained to investigate those parts of a house that are prone to structural damage. Termites are another major problem for house buyers, as a house can be fully infested with termites without any visible signs. Houses built on concrete slabs can offer termites undetected access to the timber frame via small cracks in the slab or built-up landscaping. Termites are silent, they never sleep and they multiply at an incredible rate.
If you are considering buying a house without having a pre purchase building inspection, you are taking a huge risk. Just because a house is presented well, doesn’t mean all is ok. In fact there are so many things that can be hidden it takes more than just an eager eye to identify the problems. At Melbourne House Check we are experts at discovering ‘cover ups’ and know all the tricks that vendors can use to hide defects and problems.
Our new home inspections in Melbourne will identify both major and minor defects in any house. We ensure that the building conforms to the relevant building codes and standards. We also give specialist advice regarding any major problems and how they will affect the property over time. A pre-purchase inspection is an essential tool to ensure that there are no hidden surprises after you purchase a Melbourne property. During our building inspection we look for termites, asbestos and cover ups.
We have a unique method of reporting defects to you that we call the four W method. We are proud of our method because we believe that it provides you with a thorough assessment of each problem. After the building inspection we can also estimate the cost of rectification of any defects if requested.
Our Four W reporting method – Our reporting method is extremely thorough whereby we tell you the following details for each and every defect we find:
Here are just a few issues we have encountered over the years conducting pre purchase house inspections in Melbourne:
- Re-stumped houses not level.
- Water leaking through ceilings from balconies above that have been disguised.
- Unidentified blocked sewers from trees.
- Rotting structural timbers underneath bathrooms due to leaking.
- DIY wall removal that has resulted in structural deficiencies.
- DIY deck and pergola construction resulting in safety concerns.
- Inadequate site drainage that has not been identified in summer months that has resulted in footing failures and a build-up of water underneath the house.
- Active termites.
Cover-ups to look out for:
- Re-painted interiors wall linings that can cover up structural movement.
- Re-rendered exterior cladding (either brickwork or sheet cladding). Learn about areas that have reactive, unstable soil types. Looking for cracking in neighbouring houses is sometimes useful.
- Re-pointed roofing tiles may disguise major defects.
- Brickwork mortar joints that have been patched.
- Locked garages or rooms. It is important to access all areas of a house prior to purchase. Our inspectors are fully registered and insured builders with years of experience who will search the house in order to give you peace of mind.
Contact Melbourne House Check for the most reliable pre purchase property inspection Melbourne has to offer.
1300 729 352
GET A FREE QUOTE
Please fill in the form below to request an inspection or call 1300 729 352 – 7am to 9pm / 7 days a week.